Best Survivalist Prepper Guide
Why Should You Stay Ready?
The world we live in is a dangerous place. You can never know what might happen, so it’s better to always be prepared for every circumstance. In the event of a flood or any other natural disaster, you need to know what to do to survive. If all normal and day to day things are cut off, and you can’t use them, you’d be at the mercy of nature. This is why you should know what to do in such a situation.
How Can You Be Prepared?
It’s common to want to know how to protect and defend yourself and your loved ones. However, it’s also okay not to know the right steps to take and what you may need to do in such a situation. So the question is, are you ready to learn how to prepare for such emergencies and take on the heavy responsibility? Have no worries as we’re here to help you out with tips and advice for survival prep: let’s get into it.
When you’re done reading this, you’ll be better prepared than 80% of your fellow countrymen.
It doesn’t matter what type of disaster you’re worried about, whether it may be a blackout, war evacuation, natural disasters like floods or tornadoes, decline in society or economy and such, you need to stay alert and ready. It will be too late if you wait to prepare till its standing at your door.
Prepping 101 What To Do First
You need to know what to do and be aware of all the dangers you might face, and having the right tools can be a huge help. It’s imperative to be prepared both mentally and physically. It won’t matter if you know what steps to take when you face a particular risk if you don’t have the right gear for the task. You need to educate yourself and take the time out to research. Knowing where to go and what tools to use is essential.
Many widely acclaimed survival experts recommend it on a high priority that you should always keep an emergency kit with you in the case of such a disaster. This kit should be filled with the necessary equipment to help you in different circumstances and survive in extreme situations. When you’re out in the woods, and you get hurt somehow, if you don’t treat your injury, it can lead to a bigger problem. You may have difficulty in walking and carrying out your tasks due to your wound. Similarly, there are many instances where these items can come in use. You need to prepare yourself accordingly.
Just like tools are essential, it’s also crucial that you know how to handle each circumstance. The key is to have survival skills. So, always be prepared!
The Prepping Guide
Now that you know what to do, let’s talk about how to do it.
If you find yourself in an unpleasant situation, here’s what you need to do..
1. Firstly, don’t panic. It’s a common mistake that people tend to make. If they find themselves in less than ideal circumstances, they lose their wits and start to panic. You need to keep a clear head. This will allow you to think through your next steps. So, keep your wits about you.
2. Build a shelter. Chances are, you may be there for a while, so you need to act keeping this thought in your mind. Learn how to make a shelter from a fallen tree and branches, and you’re good to go.
3. You need to find shade. If it’s hot, this is essential to avoid putting yourself at risk. You can go under the shade of a tree or use any available material to cover yourself such as a blanket.
4. Even if you have some water, it’s critical that you find more. This is because it may take time for things to get back to normal and you don’t want to die from dehydration. If it’s rainy season, then collect and store. If it’s snowing, melt it and store. If either of these isn’t an option, then do your best to find a body of water and set up camp near it.
5. You need to know how to light a fire in all circumstances. It can mean the difference between life and death. But you need to be careful about it as to not attract animals towards it.
6. You should know how to make knots as they can come in handy for some occasions. Specifically, the Bowline and the double half itch.
7. Catching prey is really important to avoid running out of food. Use a long stick to make a spear and use it to find fish or other such animals.
8. You should always have food containers with you to gather food. Otherwise, they won’t last long and will go to waste.
9. In case, you run out of the medicine you took with you, you should be well aware of natural medicines and the medicinal uses of certain plants and flowers. This could help save your life.
For example, Trembling Aspen can be used as sunblock and is anti-inflammatory. Pineapple Weed is good for digestive relief. Narrow-Leaved Yucca can be used as soap, it’s anti-viral and prevents fungal and bacterial diseases. Wild/Big Sage is a good bug repellent, antiseptic and deodorant. Also, Prickly Pear Cactus is perfect for burn relief.
So, open up google and find out what these look like!
Prepping Survival Gear
Food and Water:
- Fishing Kit
- Water Purification tablets
- Snare Wire
- Water Carrier
- Military Speedhook
- Coffee Filters
Information and Training:
- Survival Guide
- First Aid Kit
- Signaling and Navigation:
- Signal Mirror
- Emergency Signal Panel
Warmth and Shelter:
- All Weather Matches
- Fire Starter
- Survival Blanket
- Fire Flint
- Fire Starting Tabs
Tools and Sharps:
- Pocket Saw
- Can Opener - Military Issue
- Folding Utility Knife
Flashlights and Illumination:
- Light Stick
- LED Light
Medical and Protection:
- Mosquito Head Nets
- Insect Repellent
- Bite Kit
- Medical Kit
- Aluminum Foil
- Sewing and Repair Kit
- Pocket Notebook
If you’d like to explore a particular topic further..