Quick and Easy Camping Survival Gear Guide For Beginners
There are many occasions in life where you might be in need of items to help in defending yourself or protecting yourself or loved ones and acquaintances from the dangers you may face. There can be many obstacles and risks which could put your life in danger, and can even lead to death if you don’t take any proper precaution against them. The best thing to do in such a situation is to be prepared for all type of problems or issues you may face. The question that rises is, how can you be prepared beforehand? The answer is, you need to have a very good camping and wilderness survival kit. It should be one that contains different items on which you can rely on to help you through tough times and rough obstacles.
Secondly, this causes us to consider what makes the best camping survival kit in the world. You should be aware of what type of things you might require in certain circumstances and what may come in use in certain others. But the thing is, you should always be able to depend on these things.
And since a camping survival kit comes into use in situations which are more or less life or death concerning, that means you need to take this completely seriously and take it on top priority to ensure the perfect quality. You need to know what to do and be aware of all the dangers you might face, and having the right tools can be a huge help. It won’t matter if you know what steps to take when you face a particular risk if you don’t have the right gear for the task. Knowing where to go and what tools to use is essential. There are many instances when a bug out bag can come in use. It can be for various disasters or other instances when you may need to leave home and live outside under dire events.
Now that we’ve established the importance of having the right contents in a wilderness survival kit, let’s actually go over that these things should be. There are different type of kits such as military survival kits, tactical kits and camping survival gear kits. However, they all have same type of items, more or less.
What Do You Need in A Camping Survival Kit?
At the very least, you should be in possession of these supplies:
- You should have enough water for every person. The recommendation is one gallon per day.
- You should have food that doesn’t get spoiled easily and is easy to prepare in a short amount of time. It should also be adequate per person.
- A strong and durable flashlight to help you see the way in the dark and it can also be very helpful in the case of a power outage.
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio to stay updated to the news or weather conditions.
- Extra batteries for flashlight or other items you may have that require batteries
- First aid kit in case of medical emergencies
- Medications to last at least a week and medical items
- Multi-purpose tools
- Sanitation and products for hygiene
- Copies of personal documents for all the people present
- Cell phones and their chargers
- Family and emergency contact information (you can write this on a piece of paper as well)
- Extra money for all occasions where you may need it
- Emergency blanket
- Map(s) of the area
- Medical supplies such as hearing aids, glasses, contact lenses, subscribed medicines and syringes.
- Baby supplies if you have a baby with you, such as baby food or diapers
- Games and activities for children (to keep them distracted and keep you free to focus on the work ahead)
- Pet supplies if you have a pet, such as food and collars or leashes
- Two-way radios
- You need signal devices such as a light stick, a mirror, and a whistle to avoid getting lost.
- Extra set of car keys and house keys
- Manual can opener
- Umbrellas and rainboots
- Gloves and towels
- Tools/supplies for securing your home
- Extra clothes for all (it’s also very important to have clean undergarments to prevent rashes and other diseases that may occur due to unwashed clothes)
- Plastic sheets, Duct tape and Scissors
- You need some packs of waterproof matches and a good spark wheel for starting fires when you require them.
- Containers for food and water.
- Entertainment items
- A good sharp and sturdy knife is also essential outdoors. You may also need a small ax to chop off wood for bonfires.
It’s no rocket science to figure out that you need a compass to set you back on track in case you stray off the right path.
An emergency blanket and a sleeping bag are must-haves for staying warm and comfortable in the night and for protection from the outdoor elements.
If you have all of these items, then you don’t have to worry about having the best tactical survival kit.